I Stand...

I stand, surveying the spectrum of human experience, and a feeling stirs deep within me. This is the feeling by which I know you, can perceive, and experiment through you. I am not so different, only that my passions rise from a different stream, and I am not so strange that you turn my advance aside with a nod of your head. I long to be allowed into truth; I know you possess it now. It stirs beneath your form. Are you Woman or Man? Perhaps you are both and neither? You wake within me. You are the consummation of my fears, but you are not the cause. Are you are the beginning of wisdom? I have known all the temples and castles and provinces of your kingdom. Still, I don't know if I should call you devil or Christ, betrayer or betrayed. How much do you think you would get for my soul? To me, it seems a moot point at best, a reality of designer dreams and subversive vision. But you go on and on...



(1995)